Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Click above to fill out the form and receive up to 75 Dreamline cards mailed to you.
We need volunteers to distribute our Dreamline Card in your community. The card states what we do and why to promote support of and participation in our program. Good distributions places are schools in session, open libraries, cafes, grocery stores, and other locations with community resources and/or bulletin boards.
Your personal communication with friends and associates has the greatest impact. Relationships of trust is how our program has grown from one classroom to more than 150,000 participants worldwide. Your voice matters.
Dreamline’s response to the pandemic for schools out of session. Remote creation and safe assembly of Dreamlines for any group.
Mighty Fest Literacy Festival
Volunteer all or part of the day for our booth at Mighty Fest on the Parkway in Philadelphia. 3,5000 expected attendees. Our set-up starts at 8:30. Activities run from 10-4. Come for any portion of that! Love to see you there. Email email@example.com to schedule your time. Thanks!
WE ARE #34 on the map below! (left side of map near 20th Street)
Fabric of Dreams Fundraiser
Help promote our Fabric of Dreams crowdsource campaign by sharing GoFundMe./FabricOfDreams on social media and in your local community.
Dreamline Fast Facts for Posting
Past Volunteer Opportunities
Monday, January 21, 2019
from 7:00 am to 1 pm or any part of that time.
Girard College, Philadelphia PA
Help with Dreamline Banner Making and Dream Booth Constructions
Saturday, May 5, 2018
from 8:30 am to 2 pm or any part of that time.
The National Constitution Center on Independence Mall
525 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 — Directions—
This is for our SHARE A DREAM DAY festival.
Sign up link at the bottom of this page!
We expect to have several hundred students with teachers, families, and community members attending. We’re also expecting teachers flying in from Dallas, busses of students from Long Island, and lots of local schools as well.
8:30 am – 10 am pre-set up.
We need a few people to get materials set up on tables and get things in place.
10 am to 11 am intense set up period.
We have to help teachers arriving with flags to get them all up in an hour. We may have up to 2,000 flags. We have a great system but it takes a lot of hands. If you can only come for an hour, come at this time if possible.
11 am to 12 pm Activities Segment
We need people to staff the tables set up with Share A Dream related activities. This will include group art projects, cap sale table, decorate a cap project, open mic, “live dreamlining,” Haiti pilot profile booth (see this video) with “talking flag line,” and more. We need 2-3 people per table. We’ll assign you that day. All tables will have materials and directions if needed.
12pm to 1pm Share A Dream Segment
This is when we gather the group, have some introductory remarks and then invite interested students who have their flag text on paper to take the mic and share a dream with us all. We may also have readers via Skype from other parts of the world and/or USA.
We need volunteers for tech in this segment. Some tables stay open during this segment.
1 pm to 2 pm Clean Up
All schools take down their flags and either take them with them or leave them with us for installations in the Philadelphia region or beyond.
We need general take down help.
We need 4 people on the Travel Dreams table where we collect flags for installations.
DAY OF MAY 5TH:
WHAT TO WEAR
- NOPE! Never mind this. –>PLEASE wear some form of GREEN (unless you hate green). You will get a Volunteer badge to wear as well.
And no badge but you WILL get a Volunteer CAP! 🙂
WHAT TO BRING
- If you are a student volunteer you MUST bring an adult who is responsible for you or you can not volunteer or attend the event. Sorry. The adult must also sign up as a volunteer.
- You can bring food if you wish, though the Constitution Center has a cafeteria and there are many places to eat in the area. We may have light snacks for volunteers.
- If you have scissors and/or a stapler that can be handy. Be sure to put your name on them.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Go in the Main Entrance of the building and up the large stairway in front of you.
- If you park in the NCC garage, take the elevator to the upper level. We will have discount parking passes for volunteers ($9.00) for parking in NCC garage.
- DO NOT GET RIGHT TO WORK!
- Instead, check in at the Volunteer Table at the top of the stairs. You will get your event bracelet, name tag, and a volunteer assignment.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE
- Please check OUT at the Volunteer desk and fill out our VERY SHORT volunteer survey to help us in the future.
- Get a parking pass at the Volunteer desk if you need it.
After the whole event is over, some of us may go out for a meal in the area. You are welcome to join if we do. Ask for details at the Volunteer desk on the day of. Each of us will pay for ourselves.