VALUES <–> MAKE
Since you’ve thought about your values–what really matters to you–it’s time to start imagining a dream to share with the world.
- You will need a piece of paper and pen or pencil.
- Fold the paper in HALF.
- On the <- LEFT, write “PROBLEMS.”
- On the RIGHT -> write “DREAMS.”
READ & REFLECT
In 1932 a US poet LANGSTON HUGHES wrote this poem about dreams.
Bring me all of your dreams,Langston Hughes
Bring me all of your
That I may wrap them
In a blue cloud-cloth
Away from the too-rough fingers
Of the world.
- What’s he asking us to bring him?
- What do you think this poem says about dreams and visions for the future?
Do you agree?
- THINK about problems in … your world, community, life.
- WRITE one or more fore EACH on the <-LEFT side of your paper.
- How old are you now?
- How old will you be in 20 years?
- LOOK at the problems you wrote on your paper.
- CIRCLE the one you’d REALLY like to see GONE when you’re that old–20 years from now.
imagine: (don’t say or do anything)
- How will things LOOK different?
- How will people ACT different?
- How will you FEEL different?
- How will the people in your life BE different?
now write or draw …
- ON the RIGHT-> side of your paper..
- Use words and drawing to describe your imagining. “In my dream…” “I have a dream that…” “I dream a world where…”
- Write or draw for at least 2 minutes. Don’t talk.